Sunday, October 28, 2007

So Long, Sweet Farm!

The best thing about my last day working at Sweet Farm (which followed a late night during the course of which a puppy who shall remain nameless peed on two different comforters, so that I ended up sleeping in warm clothing and socks under a sheet) is that I am expected to spend most of it sitting down. Jodie, our new baker, whom I have been training for the last week or so, is making everything in order to convince Manager Patty that she can. Fine by me. Patty asked me to just watch her and not say anything. Well...okay. I'll see if I can manage that. Jodie's doing fine, by the way, for those of you who were concerned for the future of the Sweet Farm weekday-afternoon-all-day-Sunday shift. In fact, she's brushing milk on top of the cheddar scones before popping them in the oven as I type this...

No comments: