Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday


Yesterday at work was brownies (haven't been able to find the recipe online) and scones. The scone recipe is from the CIA and is super simple: 1 lb 14 oz all-purpose flour, 3 1/2 T baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 7 oz. sugar, 10 oz fruit/chocolate chips/whatever you want inside (dried or unthawed frozen fruit is easier to deal with than fresh, so as to avoid the smoosh factor), 1 quart heavy cream. Mix it all together and form dough into two 8-inch circles. Cut each into 10 wedges of equal size. Put scones on a sheet pan lined with parchment, brush tops with milk, and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I made half a recipe of chocolate chip and half of blueberry yesterday, which will probably take longer to sell out than they will be edible.

Finally signed up for my Italian class yesterday morning. So wherever we end up living, I will be there with at least a rudimentary supply of Italian at my disposal. Nick is reading Julia Child's My Life in France, which I audio-booked several months ago, and is thinking that maybe Paris wouldn't be such a bad place to live. Understatement, obviously. There was even talk of my foregoing bread school at the FCI and studying in Paris instead, although I haven't found a bread-only school there in the course of my preliminary research. There is, however, a gastronomy program through Le Cordon Bleu that looks really interesting. Oh, and it's in Adelaide, Australia.

No comments: